Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Comfort

Why is it that we think that because we have accepted Christ, He then owes us something? We are so spoiled as Christians in this country and even though I and my family are dependant on others to suppliment our income, honestly, I am ashamed at how comfortable my living situation is.

If God called me to be missionary in another country, would I still feel this grateful? I would like to say so...I just don't know.

Brothers and sisters in Christ, we are told that persecustion will come! Why is it that we then shake our fist at God? We should be thankful that we are the robbed and not the robber! (I know this from first hand experience, and many of my dear friends do too!)

We aren't called to be like others who have all the latest toys, we are call to live meekly and humbly and look forward to the blessings that are to come in eternity.

No comments: