Sunday, April 6, 2008

Why is change so difficult?

Let me start by saying this...There are absolute's! Most of us who are born again understand this fact! People will argue even in Christian circles what those absolutes are. Now to help me make my point I will name just a few.

1st-We are all sinners
2nd-We are in need of a Savior
3rd-Jesus is that Savior

Now there are other Theological important issues, such as the need to observe the Lord's Supper and Baptism. pre-destination and eternal seurity and I know dear brothers who differ on some of these issues.

However, the big three as I sometimes call them are the real issue at hand. Not what worship music the church has or the order of service or even men's bible study material. Our calling as Christians is to reach a dying world and to use our individual and corperate talents as a means to do so.

Sometimes that means change. We should embrace this as a church. Change is heathly and most of the time welcomed by those outside of the church walls. I am not saying we should change the message. I am saying that we need to make sure it is heard. That doesn't mean bright lights and smoke. That doesn't mean make your neighbor feel comfortable with their sin. It simply means understand the culture around you and don't be afraid of it!

No comments: